Tuesday, September 1, 2015

You can't dim His light


I was asked if I wanted to see a video of their "church".  I may have answered incorrectly by saying it won't change my beliefs, because I did want to see the video of their "church". I was and am curious but know for certain it will not take me from God, I will not deny Him. My response was met with anger, dismissal and name calling.  I was referred to as a sheep.  I felt hurt and offended.  I may not follow my religion as others do but that makes it no less important and soul reaching to me.  The topic was volatile with both of us feeling passionately about our own belief so it was tabled. 

The name calling still bothers me and the venom behind the word.  I like my religions philosophy that we speak of our religion but don't force feed it.  If the reception you receive is welcoming then testify if not then save it for another day, another person; another time.

Sheep?, sure the Lord is my Sheapard...

I am a member of Saint Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church ♥ foremost a Christian...


No comments: